What will the apprentice be doing?
Murphy Plant Limited have an exciting opportunity within the team for an Assistant Accounting Apprentice based out of our Ollerton depot. This apprenticeship role will enable you to gain the relevant experience whilst gaining an industry recognised Level 2 Accountancy qualification.
Working closely with the Financial Business Partner and FP & Analysis Accountant on the day to day financial activities of the Business Unit, such as data entry to month end management accounts, year-end financial statements and the ongoing reconciliation of data in relation to the Company's Finance system.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures
- Understand the transactional processes and support provided by Finance roles.
- Assist with accounting transactions, reconciliations, correcting errors and producing a range of reports using the finance system.
- Effectively record and analyse financial data at the appropriate level using the organisation’s standard tools and processes.
- Develop the ability to communicate financial information in a way that non-finance staff can interpret and understand.
- Gain an understanding of the relevant Ethical Standards to protect their own and their organisations professional reputation and integrity.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be supported in gaining your full AAT or CIMA qualification.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 6) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6) Essential