To work with and gain experience in the following areas, depending on the Team that requires the role:
- To assist in the monthly Management Accounts production process.
- To process cash office and banking transactions.
- To assist in year-end production process.
- To update the online payments system and take RCP payments.
Sales Ledger (as part of Payments Team):
- To process sales ledger invoices and credit notes batches.
- Retrieval of enrolment forms from MIS where necessary.
- Provide administration support in form of word processing / mail merge to support debt collection process.
- To assist with daily debt collection processes.
Purchasing (as part of Payments Team):
- To be responsible for maintaining existing purchase ledger supplier details and for setting up new supplier accounts in line with Financial Regulations and Financial Procedures.
- To be responsible for raising all finance department purchase orders.
Payments (as part of Payments Team):
- To assist in the processing of purchase invoices, government procurement cards (GPC), credit notes and cheque requests.
- To assist in the administration of the petty cash system.
- To assist with administering of Learner Support Fund (LSF) awards and payments to students
- Provide cover, as and when required, for processing travel claims
- Process HPL, overtime and timesheet claims
- To distribute incoming and handle outgoing mail
- To arrange photocopying and distribution of reports and other documents
- To maintain manual and computer-based filing systems
- To carry out month and year end financial procedures as instructed
- To assist as appropriate with other duties as directed by the Finance Manager, Director of Finance or other Section Heads
- To commit to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
- To participate in the College’s Performance Management Scheme and attend such training events as are necessary to enable him/her to carry out the duties of the job description
- To continually improve teaching, learning and assessment through proactive CPD and sharing best practice
- To actively participate in the College’s Quality System, including quality improvement strategies and initiatives
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/her and for others affected by his/her work
- To actively support College Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity policies
- To operate/conduct all HR tasks and functions within the principles of GDPR
The right candidate has the opportunity to apply for roles within the company.
The successful candidate will need to partake in DBS and medical checks.
If selected for interview you will be required to partake in an assessment day on Monday 11th April in Worcester or Thursday 14th at Redditch.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to retrieve, collate and analyse information
- Able to utilise information technology
- Efficient & organised
- Conscientiousness & enthusiastic
- Good team worker
- Level 2 (at least or equivalent) qualification in both maths and English, or a willingness to gain
- 5 GCSE’s or equivalent grade A*-C/9-4 willing to undertake a qualification under the apprenticeship scheme
- Intermediate Accounts/Finance Assistant Standard
- Functional Skills if required