What will the apprentice be doing?
- Management and monitoring of Company bank facilities
- Administering accounts payable and receivable processes including posting, authorisation and payment
- Preparation of journal entries and posting and release of accruals and prepayments
- Dealing with staff expenses and ensuring payment is correctly made
- Day to day bank postings and monthly reconciliations
- Assisting in the timely preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Communicate with staff, suppliers and clients as necessary to solve problems
- Working as part of the team to assist with ad-hoc tasks as applicable
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- All training will be provided via a mixture of day release and remote learning with Kaplan in London
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further study is an option (Level 4 AAT and ACCA/ CIMA if desired) and progression within the team
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Level 2) Essential