Bowker IT is a well-established North West based company with ambitious growth plans and is recruiting in order to support this.
Bowker IT are looking to hire a Field IT Apprentice.
The successful candidate will enrol onto a Network Engineering Level 4 apprenticeship program while working full-time in a field based role deployed within schools.
You’ll need proven problem-solving skills, excellent time management, and exceptional communication skills to manage client demands and expectations and have the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- You will be working both onsite and in the office
You’ll be required to carry out the following duties:
- Strategic planning
- Providing ongoing support for SME and the Education sectors infrastructure solutions
What we are looking for:
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have previously worked within IT in either a school, company or managed service provider, have a technical background and will preferably have some exposure in some but not all of the following areas:
- Good Windows, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO modelling
- Good networking experience (LAN/WAN/VLANs Firewalls)
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation
- Previous IT Engineer\Technician experience
- Recognised accreditation or Professional IT Certifications
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- Experience supporting Exchange Server and Office365 Hosted Exchange
- Experience with PowerShell and other common scripting languages
- Basic experience with MS SQL administration
- Working knowledge of leading Antivirus and Backup software solutions
- Basic knowledge of Virtualisation technologies and practices (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- IP Telephony
- Wireless Networking
Further experience of some of the following would be highly beneficial:
• Microsoft Qualifications:
- SAN technologies. HP Hardware
- Ubiquiti Solutions WatchGuard or Draytek Hardware. Virtualisation Fortigate Solutions
- CCTV experience
- Building Security
- Experience supporting SharePoint
The successful candidate will be required to have the following personal skills:
- Ability to project a professional, friendly image
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Excellent time management recording and management
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- an A-Level in ICT
- OR an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 ICT
- OR an A-Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
- OR a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Completing a 17-month Network Engineering Apprenticeship will give the learner the structured training and hands on experience to become a major asset for the business.
- Company pension
- On-site parking
9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday,
40hrs a week.
£23,000 – £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.
Further training opportunities will be extended to gain Microsoft and VMware Certifications to further their career in which support will be provided, as well as 22 days holiday increasing to 25 - plus other benefits.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.