As an Apprentice with MOTUS Commercials, you will receive training and support throughout your qualification and will learn the latest servicing and maintenance techniques with light commercial vehicles to enable you to better help your customers whether they need a standard service, MOT or repairs.
Day to day tasks will vary but include:
- Servicing - carrying out vehicle/tyre checks
- MOT's - assisting to identify parts with wear and tear
- Vehicle Maintenance - replacing/repairing engine parts
- Diagnostics - using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Maintaining repair and service records
The techniques and daily responsibilities you will learn will include:
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customers vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
MOTUS Commercials believe in providing an extensive, high quality Apprenticeship which gives their Apprentices the opportunity to advance, succeed and fulfil their ambitions for a career in the motor industry.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit a short video showcasing your abilities. This can be anything technical like carrying out basic maintenance on your pushbike, scooter or car. What MOTUS are looking for is being comfortable with using tools and understanding safe working.
The job involves numerous activities and technicians will need to be comfortable with a wide range of vehicles. As a technician, you will often be working as part of a team, so good communication and being able to follow instructions would be good skills to have.
You will need to demonstrate a strong passion for the industry and a real curiosity in finding out how things work.
- No previous automotive qualifications are required
- Minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) grades of 9*-4/A-C in English and maths
This is a Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship, delivered by Remit Group.
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at the Remit Academy in Derby. This means you will be required to stay in a hotel for 15 separate weeks (Monday - Friday) over the duration of the programme. All associated costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you. You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will visit you every 4-6 weeks at the workplace, giving 1-2-1 information, advice and guidance.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Apprenticeship Standard Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)
- F Gas air conditioning qualification