FCA Service Technician Apprentice
Glyn Hopkin Ltd - Fiat & Chrysler Milton Keynes
BABCOCK TRAINING LIMITED
Our Service Department is a central part of our business. From routine maintenance and servicing to electrical diagnosis and repairs, our Service Technicians are the problems solvers of our business.
Every day is different within the Service Department, working across our product range to deliver excellent service for our customers. Some of the main duties on a day to day basis will include:
- Use of diagnostic equipment to identify vehicle faults
- Testing of parts and systems to ensure correct working
- Following checklists to ensure all critical parts of vehicles are examined
- Carrying out bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
- Maintenance of electronic systems including on- board entertainment systems
- Undertaking repair and maintenance of vehicle parts including clutches, gearboxes, tyres, brakes and suspension
- Completion of legible and accurate paperwork for the customers and centres records
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work environment
FCA is a global organisation operating in more than 135 countries over 14 commercial brands. The opportunities are endless as part of our team.
We invest in our people and believe in talent management. You can look to develop within your dealership or within the wider FCA group.
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training are the main point of contact for this opportunity and carry out the full recruitment service for this employer. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.
We will provide the technical training you need to succeed in your apprenticeship. In return you need to be committed to completing this three year programme.
Our ideal Service Technician Apprentice will be a logical problem solver with an interest in engineering and technology.
We are looking for people who are passionate about our industry and our brand. Some of the personal skills that you should think about showing us in your application are:
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong communication
- Customer Service
- Interest in vehicle engineering
Our minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, maths and Science.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
Over the three years of your apprenticeship you will receive both on-the-job and off-the-job training which will give you the technical and personal skills you need to be successful in your apprenticeship.
Off-the-job training is delivered at one of our state of the art training centres where you will have access to expert trainers and the latest vehicles and equipment. We will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to apply in your workplace.
Once you are back at your workshop, you will be supported by your own personal mentor who will be an experienced, trained member of the team. They will guide you while you apply the training you received at the academy.
You will also be supported by your dedicated Vocational Learning Advisor who will help you to reach the milestones needed to successfully complete your apprenticeship journey.
On successful completion of the three year programme you will receive:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Level 3 Award in Automotive Refrigerant Handling (EC842-2006)
Brand specific certifications
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.