We are looking for smart, friendly people with excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn. You will be confident, tenacious, and hungry to succeed, with a flexible approach to working and learning in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires frequent travel between Howdens depot locations within a defined area, driving license and access to a vehicle is preferable, but you must be able to travel between sites in the defined area.
Our Fast-Track Assistant Manager Apprenticeship will enable you to develop the skills you need as an Assistant Manager, whilst completing a Level 3 Retail Team Leader Apprenticeship working in some of our local Trade depots. You will support the Depot Manager in leading and inspiring your team to achieve and exceed sales targets through building strong working relationships with the local trade, and confidently ensure the smooth running of the depot in your Depot Managers absence.
The purpose of the role is to develop best in class Management for the future and support the Howdens plans for growth. You start the journey as a Trainee Assistant Manager.
The Fast-Track initiative provides a framework to guide the Trainee through multiple depot roles to gain a thorough understanding of the foundations of the business, before commencing a Level 3 Retail Team Leader Apprenticeship. The position demands strong leadership traits and the ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing demands.
- In accordance with the above, you will be working closely with, and ‘shadowing’, Assistant and Depot Managers in depots of different formats and levels of performance.
- You will also be required to deputise for your Depot Manager for short periods of time in order to find frequent opportunities to practice your management skills.
- In these situations, you will be responsible for the smooth running of the Depot in the absence of the Manager.
At Howdens there are vast career opportunities and routes for development. Our previous Fast-Track Assistant Managers have gone onto Deputy Manager, Kitchen Sales Designer and Depot Manager roles.
The vacancy dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy will close early.
- Must be willing and able to travel to multiple depots
- Leadership qualities
- Must be adaptable to new situations and teams
- Have great interpersonal skills
- You are tech ‘savvy’
- Time management skills to balance the demands of the role with the requirements of the apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
- You are ambitious
- You think commercially
- You are a self-starter
- You are resilient
- Must have determination and patience
- You are committed to your own development
- Must be confident and self-assured
- 4/C or above or equivalent GCSE maths & English
- A Level or equivalent
- Retail Team Leader Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English