Farmfoods are looking to recruit an Apprentice Trainee Supervisor for our shop in Plymouth. We offer a permanent full-time position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
As one of our apprentices you will:
- Make all of our customers feel welcome with a friendly smile and simple hello
- Help customers find the items they are looking for
- Give a fast and friendly service at the tills, always offering help to pack and leaving a good impression with a friendly thank you and goodbye
- Handle stock with care whilst working deliveries, quickly placing products into our freezers and onto our shelves ready for our customers to buy
- Work with the rest of your team to complete the daily and weekly routines that keep our shops clean and tidy
- Open and close the shop, handle cash, place orders and support your manager in leading the team to run an efficient shop and provide great service to our customers
You will need:
- A friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work
- To enjoy being busy as there is always something to do. As a junior member of management you’ll jump from putting out deliveries to serving on the till, helping customers on the shop floor, to organising other team members and more!
- To be reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your colleagues and customers will depend upon you to do your best on each shift and not let the team down
- A bit of flexibility when it comes to your shifts. When other members of your team are off enjoying their holidays, we may need you to work slightly different hours to cover for them. Rota’s are planned three weeks in advance and your commitments outside of work will be taken into consideration when planning your shifts
- Ensure that all work set by our apprenticeship provider is completed on time and to the best of your ability
There are many opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We have some great training programmes in place and only promote to Shop and Area Manager positions from within. Many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops, so this could be the start of a rewarding career for you. This vacancy will become permanent upon completion of your apprenticeship.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Store opening times
Mon - Fri = 7am to 10pm
Saturday = 7am to 8pm
Sunday = 10am to 4pm
Earliest start = 5.30am
Latest finish = 11pm
- To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and someone who is able to provide excellent customer service
- You must also possess some leadership skills
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team
You do not have to have any qualifications to be successful in your application for this role.
Level 3 Retail Team Leader Apprenticeship Standard
Apprenticeship standards are aimed at developing skills within the Apprentice’s chosen career route, each standard has set knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful within the job role. This will include the completion of functional skills in maths and English.
Once the apprentice has completed a minimum of 12 months training and the employer and Babcock regional trainer confirm they have met all the requirements of the standard they will be put through to end point assessment.
The end point assessment is independent from the training and includes a variety of assessment methods which test the skills and knowledge of the apprentice to ensure they are fully competent in their role.
Each Apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a structured programme of teaching, e-learning, face to face training and workplace mentoring; this will encourage and help them to meet the requirements of the new standards and will prepare them for the end of point assessment.