What will the apprentice be doing?
- Handling front-of-house services
- Setting up meeting rooms
- Handling potential health and safety issues,
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L2 Facilities Service Operative
- The apprentice will be completing the qualification through online workshops and 1-1 meetings with their tutor and manager
- Monthly meetings and workshops throughout the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Become a fully-fledged member of the FM team and provide direct support and assistance to the wider organisation.
- Continuing Professional Development opportunities and specialist
Reality CheckAs a Facilities Management Apprentice, you will attend to a variety of planned and reactive works. This often includes front of house services, daily use of IT, walking around campus to task areas, manual handling of equipment, and regular customer service interaction with staff from different departments. Applicants must be comfortable and able to carryout this variety of roles. Alongside this, the apprentice may be required to complete Functional Skills in Maths and English to achieve their qualification.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Team working, Initiative, Friendly and Personable, Willingness to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired