Fabrication & Welding Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Boyd & Co Metal Workers Ltd
TYNE NORTH TRAINING LIMITED
Duties to include:
- The position requires the apprentice to learn general fabrication and welding specifically geared towards becoming time served
- The role will include a variety of activities ranging from marking out, pattern development and forming and joining of sheet
- Whilst learning the trade a fabrication and welding apprentice will work closely with one or more tradesman working on various projects using mechanical fasteners and welding equipment
- The apprentice will learn the many skills required to become a time served fabricator welder gaining valuable experience of workshop activities. In addition to workshop activities the apprentice will support customer site activities
- This apprenticeship will prepare the apprentice to work on various equipment including MIG & TIG
As a Tyne North Training apprentice, you will benefit from our unique funding packages. This apprenticeship will lead to a bespoke, unique skill.
A candidate’s successful application will lead to an aptitude test and interview with Tyne North Training and the possibility of an interview with the prospective employer.
Candidate matching and submission of candidate details for this particular vacancy will not begin until the Covid-19 guidelines are lifted and it is safe to begin the recruitment process.
Motivated willingness to learn and have a positive attitude
Good timekeeping, the ability to take on board information in a variety of formats and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and team leaders.
Have a proven interest in the working environment and want an apprenticeship.
A candidate must have at least 5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths & English Language.
The ideal candidate must have a level 2 practical qualification in fabrication and welding units (or equivalent).
Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard.
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
The successful candidate will also work towards all relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve End-Point Assessment.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.