Fabrication and Welding Apprentice
Ancon Building Products
THE UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Fabrication/Welder.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to develop a range of Fabrication skills in order to become part of our Production team.
When competent you will work to accurately fabricate a range of simple standard and bespoke fabricated building products (typ 3 to 12mm) to appropriate quality standard in line with customer requirements and/or company standards (BSEN1090-1) in the most effective manner. Accurately interpret customer/internal drawings/schedules/cutting list/Sales orders, highlighting/resolving any issues or anomalies prior to commencing operation.
Competently operate a range of fabrication equipment including MIG/TIG welding, plasma cutting, rolling, flattening, straightening, weld preparation and hand grinding equipment.
- The chosen candidate will study towards a Extended Diploma Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding Apprenticeship
- Manual Dexterity
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- An effective team worker
- Able to work on own initiative
- Logical thinker
- Adapts positively to change and willing to take on new challenges
- The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C-A* or grade 4-9 under the new education grade system effective from 2016/2017 above, must include maths and English.
The Year one Fabrication and Welding programme delivered at the AMRC Training Centre over a 16-week full time block programme will include the following compulsory units:
- Producing plate-work, components and assemblies
- Preparing and using TIG or Plasma Arc equipment
- Preparing and using semi - automatic MIG, MAG and flux-cored welding equipment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.