What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervise & provide support & assistance to individuals & groups of pupils.
- Undertake structured & agreed learning activities & teaching programmes for individuals & groups of pupils, including school/local & national learning strategies.
- Adjust learning activities & teaching programmes to take account of pupil needs & responses (including therapy advice).
- Contribute to the development & implementation of individual Education/Behaviour Plans & Personal Care programmes.
- Establish positive, constructive relationships with pupils & interact with them according to their individual needs.
- Support pupils with all personal care & hygiene needs.
- Provide detailed feedback to the teacher on pupil progress, achievements, & problems, & under the guidance of the teacher provide feedback to pupils on their progress & achievements.
- Create & maintain an orderly & supportive environment for pupils & teachers, & assist with the display of pupils’ work.
- Actively assist with supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before & after school & at playtimes/lunchtimes.
- Accompany teaching staff & pupils on trips & school activities as required & take responsibility for a group under the general supervision of the teacher.
- Establish and develop constructive relationships with parents/carers, and appreciate and support other professionals.
Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures, and report all concerns to an appropriate person, in respect of:
- Child protection.
- Health, safety and security.
- Data protection.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week either at Uxbridge, Harrow or Hayes Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Work towards gaining a full Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Qualification.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours.
- Standard and End Point Assessment.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT (if required).
Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?To be discussed at interview.
Reality Check• Visits to the school sites are recommended. • Will be required to travel to other sites.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Creative, Patience, Non judgemental, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential