EY Assurance Apprenticeship
Employer:Ernst & Young Llp
National Apprenticeship Service
Gain real work experience in the business world, take advantage of new tech and build the skills you need to propel your career, on this apprenticeship. You’ll create real change by helping businesses publish reliable financial accounts, all while you study for a professional qualification and progress towards becoming a Chartered Accountant.
What is Assurance at EY?
Our Assurance teams analyse the data behind our clients’ businesses. As external auditors, they help companies and governments publish accurate financial accounts that their clients and, industry regulators, can rely on.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be working closely with your team, running audits for clients, spotting business opportunities and ensuring it’s all profitable.
Other tasks include:
- Getting to know our clients, their businesses and how they work
- Testing checks and balances to ensure they work how they’re supposed to
- Analysing the data that goes into a financial statement to make sure it’s true and fair
You’ll also study and undertake exams along the way so you’ll progress even faster professionally than your university-going friends. At the end of the programme, you’ll have gained professional qualifications, a host of transferable skills, lots of practical experience and a network of mentors to help you keep developing.
Working in assurance at EY, you’ll get to work across different sectors, gain professional qualifications all whilst building your professional network and knowledge. This will open up opportunities to work abroad as well as open doors for your future career.
At EY, we are committed to bringing together the right candidates to create the high performing teams that provide our clients with the exceptional service they expect. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, abilities and experiences, creating a rich and diverse culture here at EY - one that can help you learn, develop and shape your career.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- You'll work as part of a small high-performing teams, so working well with others, as well as being able to think critically, is essential
- Determination, ambition and energy are essential in this role
- Team working
- Attention to detail
- If you are currently at school/college, you must be completing 3 A levels, 5 Highers or equivalent qualifications, in advance of the programme start date
- If you are working, you must have attained 3 A levels, 5 Highers or equivalent qualifications
To be considered for this opportunity you will have to satisfy the following additional requirements which are specific to this programme:
- Be 16 or over when starting the apprenticeship
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- UK/EEA Nationality or Permanent Residency Status
- Residing in the UK/EEA for at least 3 years prior to starting your apprenticeship
Please note that these eligibility criteria are set down by the UK government and may be subject to change from time to time.
Training Provider to be Confirmed.
- First up, an induction will verse you in all things EY and before you know it, you’ll be working in a team on audits for clients (with lots of help, of course!)
- Along the way, you'll be studying and doing exams so you’ll progress even faster professionally than your university-going friends
- By the time you complete the programme you'll not only have qualifications but lots of practical experience and a network of mentors to help you keep on developing
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
As a professional services firm, we help organisations make better decision about business, finance and technology. In a fast-changing world, it’s an exciting place to be.
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.