Excell is looking for an early year’s apprentice to join their highly skilled team of staff, the successful candidate will be expected to work with children aged 2 years and above alongside other members of the team.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supervising children in play.
- Assisting children at meal times.
- Observing and planning for children’s interests and development needs.
- Maintaining hygiene standards within the setting.
- As part of our policy all staff have Safeguarding responsibilities and are required to report any concern.
- Successful candidate would report to the Centre Manager/ deputy manager on a daily basis.
Permanent role for the right candidate
Candidate would expect to often work in a noisy environment and would be required to have a level of flexibility as things can change often in childcare settings.
- Passionate working with children
- A mature and ambitious person
- Good command of the English Language
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be able to relate and engage with young children
- Be creative and enthusiastic
- Well organised
- Computer literate
- Willingness to learn
Minimum 4 A*-C/ 9-4 GCSEs or equivalent
Early Years Educator level 3
English and Maths Functional Skills (If Required)