The role would include the following:
- To support the activity of the Sales and Events Manager
- Assisting with the organising of events, including budgeting for events, including costs and income
- Processing invoices and following up on payments before and after events
- Assist with sourcing and booking suppliers incl. flowers, DJs, room decoration
- Scheduling show rounds and will be trained to carry out show rounds
- Maintaining the sales and events database, inputting new enquiries, existing suppliers, prospective customers, data sourcing
- Assisting at events both internal and external including wedding fairs
- Planning and implementation of in house wedding fairs
- General administration including sending out contracts, brochures, enquiry documents
- Producing function sheets from Hotel PMS
Full training and mentoring would be given on all the above.
Due to location, the team member would need to have access to their own transport or be able to travel to and from the Dunes Hotel where the role would be based. The hours of work will be 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis and will include weekends and evenings when required. A uniform can be provided and all meals on duty.
On completion, the opportunity to take on further training, priority given to existing employees for all positions that come available within the hotel, in any department.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communicator
- Attention to detail
- Common sense approach
- Friendly personable and approachable nature
- English/maths GCSE as a minimum or equivalent
- Level 3 Events Apprenticeship