What will the apprentice be doing?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme, are offering this exciting opportunity to embark on a career as a Technical Sales Apprentice and join a vibrant, team focused technology company.
We are currently recruiting for a talented European Speaking individual who can help grow and develop the company’s client base, whilst learning new sales techniques in the process.
As a Sales Consultant your main role and responsibilities will be:
• To increase the numbers of trading customers.
• To market all relevant products and service offerings.
• To proactively uncover, understand and record prospective clients’ key projects and initiatives.
• To ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are met, as defined by your manager.
• To liaise with other departments to make sure client requests are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
• To achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction throughout the sales lifecycle
• To respond to all requests to a high standard and in a timely manner.
• To maintain appropriate customer records on the sales order processing system.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start to your professional career within the IT industry.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 IT technical salesperson, including the following modules:
Sales Concepts: This module provides learners with an understanding of the various concepts involved in the sales process.
• Principles and ethics of sales
• Delivering value to the customer
• Sales life cycle
• Sales techniques and processes
IT Fundamentals: This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the fundamentals of computer systems
• Basic elements and architecture of computer systems
• Principles of secure coding
• Data storage
Sales Techniques: This module provides learners with a practical understanding of sales techniques.
• Negotiating sales
• Handling objections
• Closing Sales
Business Context: This module provides learners with an understanding of the wider business context as related to sales.
• Business systems life cycle
• Business strategy
• The role of IT within a business
• Organisational procedures
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: This module will prove that you understand cloud concepts; core Microsoft 365 services and concepts; security, compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft365; and Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
• Understand cloud concepts
• Understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts
• Understand security compliance, privacy and trust in Microsoft 365
• Understand Microsoft 365pricing and support
Communications: This module provides learners with a practical understanding of the various methods and techniques of communications used in the business context
• Unified communications
• Cultural awareness
• Interpersonal skills
• Written communications
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ongoing development and support.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential