Private competition yard which specialises in show jumping and also some breeding.
The job will include all yard duties to a high standard (see below) and also show grooming.
Must be flexible (work weekends), dedicated, self-motivated, good with time management, have own initiative, be patient, sympathetic and confident around the horses.
There is the possibility of riding available for right rider. Could be suitable for someone who has little experience, but they would need to be keen and dedicated to learn.
The job will always be interesting with homebred youngsters to produce, broodmares to go to stud, foals being born/ taken care of and lots of shows for the competition horses.
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Feeding and Hay
- Show preparation and grooming
- Rug changing
- Checking young stock
- Handling young horses
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
- Possibility of riding for the right candidate if has previous experience
Possibility of Level 3 Senior Groom Apprenticeship or full-time position
Possibility of livery at small charge
Confident around horses and patient
- Hard working
- Dedicated and self motivated
Ability to complete Level 1 Level 2 Functional skills
- Level 2 Equine Groom
- Full training through Haddon Training Apprenticeships