What will the apprentice be doing?
- Day to day care of all horses and ponies including feeding, mucking out, field maintenance
- Day to day horse handling and care
- Assist with visits from farrier, vet, physiotherapist, saddler
- Preparing horses and ponies for riding lessons
- Meet and book in customers
- Lead rein lessons for beginner riders
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification - Equine Groom Level 2
- On the job training at Newark Equestrian and online learning with Stubbing Court Training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 3 Equine Groom Advanced Apprentice
Reality CheckThe apprenticeship will involve working outdoors in all weathers, is a manual job. Suitable for someone with basic horse knowledge and riding skills.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness, Basic knowledge of horses, Basic horse riding skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired