What will the apprentice be doing?
Yard duties will include but not limited to:
- Turning out and bringing in
- Mucking out
- Feeding, watering and haying
- Clipping and trimming
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the yard at all times
- Tacking up
- Lunging/long reining
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full training to be provided by the employer and KEITS at the place of employment
- The applicant will be working towards and gain a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship
- The learner will be allocated an industry specific training consultant who will provide both remote and on site visits throughout the apprenticeship
- The apprentice will work towards an End Point Assessment (EPA) at the end of their apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential progression to Level 3 Senior Equine Groom apprenticeship standard
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness, Passion to work with horses
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired