What will the apprentice be doing?
Tasks will include:
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bring in horses
- Daily care for horses
- Daily yard maintenance
- Tacking up/show prep
- Exercising - riding/lunging
- Basic business interactions with liveries
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- All trainign will be provided by the employer and KEITS towards the Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship Standard.
- Training towards any functional skills as required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will have the necessary skills and knowledge to progress with their chosen pathway in the equine industry.
Reality CheckThe learner will be allocated an industry specific training consultant who will provide both remote and on site visits throughout the apprenticeship. The apprentice will work towards an End Point Assessment (EPA) at the end of their apprenticeship.
Skills RequiredTeam working, Previous Equine Experience, Hard Working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C or 4) Desired