Tomlinson Equine Stud are an extremely busy
APHA approved centre for equine reproduction and are looking for two enthusiastic
apprentices to join their stud team.
As well as general equine duties there will be the opportunity to become involved in the foaling experience for the right candidates.
They are looking for applicants who are confident around horses and are looking to gain experience at a top class equine facility. Applicants must have good health and safety awareness around horses.
You will be a self motivated team player who wants to learn and will respect other members of the team. You will be happy to get
hands on and have good time-keeping. There may also be the exciting opportunity to get involved in the foaling experience!!
Some of the general yard duties will include:
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.) Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
Possibility of level 3 senior groom on completion of level 2
Website - www.tomlinsonequine.co.uk
Facebook - Tomlinson Equine Vet Practice & Stud
Instagram - @tomlinsonequine
- Some equine experience would is essential
- Uses initiative
- Organised with good time management
- Works well with others
- Fun, hard-working and keen to learn
- Applicants must have good health and safety awareness around horses.
- Mature and a positive attitude
CSE Level 4/ grade C in maths and English or equivalent.
Contact Haddon Training to discuss if not yet achieved - Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English
Level 2 Equine groom Apprenticeship Standard
Supported by Haddon Training