Silvermere Equestrian Centre was opened back in 2005 with just 12 horses and ponies. Being a British Horse Society Approved Centre means the standards have to be maintained. We are able to offer training towards BHS exams and have held BHS stage 1 exams recently. We are also a Pony Club approved centre and have a really enthusiastic membership.
The yard now has over 38 horses and ponies in the school, and we’ve taught thousands of clients of all ages and abilities all managed in our riding centre software.
We are continually working to develop and improve our facilities for the benefit of both clients, horses, and staff, who are trained and guided to further progress their own skills and careers in the equine world.
General Duties include:
- Mucking out
- Turning out/bringing in
- Tack cleaning
- Tacking up
- Filling hay nets
- Rug changing
- First aid
- Exercising horses from the ground (lunging, horse walker, long reining, pessoa training etc.)
- Holding for vet/farrier/dentist
Welcoming applications from both level 2 or level 3 apprentices and can also offer traineeships.
Progression to L3 after completing L2.
- Some horse care experience required for apprenticeship
- Communication skills essential as you will be working with other team members and the public
- Organised and completes tasks in a timely manner
- You must love horses!!
- Be keen to learn, friendly and outgoing.
- You should be able to work on your own at times and to use your own initiative when required.
- Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness are a must
GCSE Level 4/ Grade C in maths and English or equivalent. Contact Haddon Training to discuss if not yet achieved - Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English.
Full training provided by Haddon Training Apprenticeships.
- Equine groom Level 2 Apprenticeship