Hot To Trot School of Equitation is a fully licensed and insured riding school run by Hannah Vincent set in the picturesque Tas Valley in Bunwell, Norfolk.
Alongside riding lessons, pony days and hacking they also offer a comprehensive equine service for all ridden and handling issues encountered with some horses and ponies including backing and breaking.
Hannah has a wealth of experience having had numerous successes in the showjumping ring with a number horses and ponies and is now passing this knowledge and experience onto the next generation of horse riders and those wishing to learn more about the equine industry. You will be 100% supported in your development over the course of your apprenticeship and will be an integral part of the team which makes Hot to Trot School of Equitation such a great place to work.
General duties to include:
- Preparing horses for lessons
- Feeding and watering
- Mucking out
- Turning out and bringing in
- Keeping the yard clean, tidy and hazard free, paddock maintenance
- There will also be the opportunity to travel to local and National shows throughout the year grooming with the chance to compete for the right candidate
- Livery is offered for own horse
- Possibility of Level 3 advanced Apprenticeship (senior equine groom) on completion of Level 2.
- No accommodation but livery possible (chargeable)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Experience with horses would be beneficial
- Good organisational skills
- Successful candidate will be hard-working and keen to learn all aspects of the riding school
- A can-do attitude and confidence speaking to all types of customers will be beneficial
- GCSE Grade 4/C in maths and English or equivalent
- Must be able to work towards Level 1 or higher in Functional Skills maths and English
- Equine Groom Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Full training provided through the equine qualification supported by Haddon Training