Epwin (Window's System Division) - Toolmaker Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
EPWIN GROUP LIMITED
EEF Apprentices and Skills
The Epwin Group is a market leader for supplying low maintenance building products, exceeding over 30 individual brands, and has enjoyed continued growth in size and reputation for over 40 years. Through continuing investment and integrating the latest technological advances into our products, we ensure that we continue to maintain and build our reputation as a market leader.
What to expect:
In the role of Tooling Apprentice, you will be inducted into Epwin Window Systems Division before undertaking a wide variety of engineering tasks within the workshop environment,
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Fully machine parts as required from drawings supplied and conduct repairs and modifications on extrusion tooling when required
- You will be at the forefront of helping us achieve our goal of continued customer satisfaction, and the growth of the business
Training and development opportunities will be provided, and your development pathway will be undertaken alongside an Apprenticeship (mechanical bias) with annual personal development reviews.
What you will need:
To be successful in this role you will need to complete an (Level 3 program) in a (mechanical bias) engineering standard. And be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast pace environment. We are looking for someone who pays attention to detail, act as a change agent for continual improvement and is motivated to learn and develop their own skills and knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to progress their skill set onto the HNC level and develop into a HNC level Toolmaker.
A trained toolmaker will be:
- Assisting in manufacture of new tooling
- Assisting in modification and repair of existing tooling
- Machining/manufacture of bespoke parts
- Correctly using all hand tools
- Learning to interpret and produce engineering drawings to standard layouts and specifications
- Servicing extrusion tool parts including dies, calibrators, and tank plates
- Correctly using various types of measuring equipment such as micrometers, slip gauges, and comparators to inspect completed work and ensure compliance to various tolerances and quality standards
- Safely and competently using various manual / auto machinery such as centre lathes, milling machines and surface grinders
- Programming and operating CNC Machinery such as Machining Centre’s and Wire and Spark Eroder’s
- Supporting production areas in technical assessment of tooling issues
- Completing Preventative maintenance of tooling
- Tooling improvements
- Assisting, where required, with tooling start-ups and trials
- Being an Advocate in the correct use and storage of parts
- Assisting, as required, to support & lead extrusion associated trials
So why choose us?
The Epwin Group has achieved Investors-in-People accreditation across the Window Systems Division. We know that it is our people, with their enthusiasm and know-how, which makes the biggest difference for our customers. In return for your commitment and dedication we will offer you every practical opportunity to develop your own skills, knowledge, and experience, to grow both professionally and personally.
Progression opportunities are available, we want people to work to their strengths & to do work they enjoy. Your long-term development is in your hands, we are looking for all of our future technical people and managers to develop from our apprenticeship programme.
The environment can be noisy and dirty; however all safety equipment and training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- “Can-Do”/ positive/ flexible approach
- Ability to work in pressurised and reactive environment
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing/engineering sector.
- Able to work quickly and methodically with a compliance driven mind set
- Team player
- Deliver on promises, do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it
- Operate with Integrity – deliver on promises, inspire trust, build credibility, and follow responsible business practices at all times
- Able to follow instructions
- Deliver results – create momentum and pace to drive results
- Working well under pressure and engaging at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
3 GCSEs at 9 – 4/A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4-year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (Level 3 Diploma in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.