Epwin (Window's System Division) - Toolmaker Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
EPWIN GROUP LIMITED
EEF Apprentices and Skills
Epwin Group is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems with some of the best-known manufacturing and service names in the sector. Group businesses also produce high quality cladding, guttering, decking and prefabricated GRP building components. ?
You will be highly trained to work in the world of manufacturing; This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering-based projects. As a trained Toolmaker, you will be responsible for maintaining plant machinery and equipment.
A Trained Toolmaker will:
- Produce components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Co-ordinate with suppliers to supply spare parts for machines
- Preparing and using milling machines and using grinding machines
- Carry out the maintenance of tooling & building repairs
- Identifying and liaise with suppliers of maintenance services when required
- Producing tool and die assemblies
- Maintain and record work and machine breakdown history
- Preparing and proving CNC machine tool programs
The environment can be noisy and dirty, however all safety equipment and training will be provided.
Progression opportunities are available, we want people to work to their strengths & to do work they enjoy. Your long-term development is in your hands, we are looking for all of our future technical people and managers to develop from our apprenticeship programme.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing sector
- Good problem-solving skills
- The initiative to work on your own or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- “Can-Do”/ positive/ flexible approach
- Ability to work in pressurised and reactive environment
- Able to demonstrate a clear interest to work in the manufacturing/engineering sector.
- Able to work quickly and methodically with a compliance driven mind set
- Team player
- Deliver on promises, do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it
- Operate with Integrity – deliver on promises, inspire trust, build credibility and follow responsible business practices at all times
- Able to follow instructions
- Deliver results – create momentum and pace to drive results
- Working well under pressure and engaging at all levels of the organisation both internally and externally
3 GCSEs at 9 – 4/A* - C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (Level 3 Diploma in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.