Epwin (Window's System Division) - Apprentice Maintenance Technician - Advanced (Level 3)
EPWIN GROUP LIMITED
EEF Apprentices and Skills
Epwin Group is one of the UK’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of PVC windows, doors and fascia systems with some of the best-known manufacturing and service names in the sector. Group businesses also produce high quality cladding, guttering, decking and prefabricated GRP building components.
This exciting role will include assisting in the installation, maintenance and service of plant and equipment, including project and development work to manufacturers standards under the supervision of a member of the maintenance department. This position will be best suited to applicants with good practical skills and an interest in engineering-based projects. As a trained maintenance engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment.
As a Maintenance Engineer apprentice, you will:
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks to ensure smooth running within the factory
- Attend plant and equipment break downs in an efficient and timely fashion
- Assist and support site wide continual improvement activity and develop lean thinking principles
- Maintain a flexible approach to operations and undertake tasks for which he/she is technically competent
- Operate in a responsible manner and maintain a good standard of work and training records
- Assist the company to gain and maintain a competitive advantage
- Adhere to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity
- Represent the organisation in a positive way
- Attend training facilities and assessment periods as and when required by the company, to fulfil your educational commitment
- Assist the company to gain and maintain a competitive advantage by whatever means the company deems necessary and within your capability to achieve
Progression opportunities are available: we want people to work to their strengths – to do work they enjoy.
Your long-term development is in your hands: we are looking for all of our future technical people and managers to develop from our apprenticeship programme.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to use a PC to an operational level
- Good communication skills
- Mechanically minded with good dexterity
- Clean and tidy approach to work
- Punctual and adaptable
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a larger team
- Polite manner
- Flexible approach to working and shift patterns
- Willingness to learn and develop skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
3 GCSEs at 9-4 / A*-C (5 or above preferred), must include maths, English language, and ideally Science, or equivalent related qualification.
This 4 year programme will include:
- Engineering Basic Skills training – off the job full time at Make UK in Aston, Birmingham
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering
- A Technical Certificate (BTEC Diploma Level 3 in Engineering)
- In house training in line with your requirements
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.