UK Greetings have an exciting apprenticeship opportunity working within the Health, Safety and environment team at our offices based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire. This role will assist the department with the provision of advice to colleagues across the business on how to operate within the scope of health, safety and sustainability requirements and regulations.
As part of our Health, Safety & Sustainability Apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to study towards and achieve a qualification whilst learning on the job. You will gain and apply practical and technical knowledge in a range of different areas allowing you to develop personal skills while interacting with people from all parts of the business. You will spend time learning about Sustainability, Health & Safety and Environmental Awareness.
Key Role and Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Health, Safety and Environment team in developing material for induction and training
- Maintenance and provision of accurate cyclical Environment and Sustainability performance reports across the organisation, which will aid the completion of external stakeholders surveys
- Analyse trends and research topics to assist our continuous improvement ethos
- Attendance and participation in internal project / committee meetings
- Participation in working groups, bespoke projects and cultural change programmes, such as ‘Sustainability Champions’
- Assisting in the reporting of accidents, incidents and near-misses
- Undertake proactive site inspections and completion of subsequent reports, ensuring where required, follow-up of corrective actions are undertaken
- Use of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
Our main ask is that you have a passion for and interest in sustainability and safety and an enquiring and analytical mindset. All training will be provided for the level 3 qualification in addition to on the job training to gain practical knowledge and skills to support our sustainability strategy. maths and English at a minimum GCSE level are required and preferable a full driving license although there is the option to walk between all 3 sites and we offer a cycle to work scheme!
Potential permanent employment opportunity for the right candidate with a reputable market leading company who values our employees and recognises that people are the heart of our operations!
- High level of organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Excellent English skills, both written and oral
- High level of MS Office and IT competence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to use initiative
- Level 2 in maths and English
- Driving license desirable
Training to meet the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours of the Safety Health and Environment Technician Apprenticeship through web based group workshops, one to one tutorials with a dedicated learning coach.
Functional skills training and assessment will also be available if required.