What will the apprentice be doing?
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a professional, internationally recognised qualification while putting everything you learn into action through on the job training.
Joining Telent as an Apprentice Environmental Advisor, you will work within the HSE functional support team and assist the successful delivery of the Transport division contracts with Network Rail, National Highways, Transport for London and London Underground.
You will gain experience in many aspects of environment and sustainability management but also wider exposure to the delivery of leading telecommunications projects.
This is a development role and therefore it is expected that the responsibilities will grow in-line with your growth of knowledge and skills.
- Understand key clients and Telent Environment and Sustainability strategies, policies, and procedure requirements.
- Support the Transport Environmental Manager and Health, Safety & Environment team
- Monitor and collect data on Environmental and Sustainability performance against targets and objectives
- Undertake internal inspections and audits, including targeted risk monitoring, both on site and within the supply chain.
- Assist with external audits
Provide advice to various team, including construction, procurement, subcontractors, and suppliers on the practical implementation of contract policies, processes and requirements.
- Identify and provide training and upskilling required to fulfil environmental responsibilities of various delivery team roles
Identify and communicate environmental and sustainability risks and mitigations
- Assist with the review of the environmental content in task briefings, environmental aspects registers, environmental and social management plans.
- Provide advice and guidance to our delivery team and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Client representative, Telent teams and Statutory Authorities.
- Drive awareness for and delivery against contract targets, particularly reducing carbon and striving to minimise waste and maximise recycling. Drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure works are in line with the Telent Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001 2015, ensuring it remains appropriate for all contract risks.
- You will be attending some remote locations, so it's essential that you are able to drive. We will provide a vehicle if you need to travel.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This apprenticeship is typically 24 Months in duration
- The qualification on completion of the course is a Level 3 BTEC in Safety, Health & Environment Technician
- The apprenticeship will work typically in a dual location; from home and in the Telent head office in Warwick
- There will be a requirement for Site visits as part of the role so be prepared to travel around the UK
- Qualification in Environmental Management (IEMA Certificate)
- Certified Internal Auditor to ISO 14001
- IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management that will then progress to the Certificate in Environmental Management which enables you to become a registered Environmental Practitioner (REnvP / PIEMA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You'll become a fully-fledged Environmental Advisor. We strongly believe in career development at Telent, we have programmes focussed around your continual progression, and we'll continue to develop you along whichever path you choose.
Skills RequiredAttention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Full Driving Licence
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths, English and Science (Grade 9-4) Essential