Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
Engineering Technicians at BAE Systems are predominantly involved in highly skilled work and are required to take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority.
What Does The Apprenticeship Involve?
As an Engineering Technician Apprentice, you will be able to gain experience in areas such as Hardware, Quality Assurance, Calibration, Test Systems, Power and Propulsion Solutions, Qualification Test, Quality Production and Manufacturing Engineering.
You will be trained to demonstrate:
- Safe systems of working
- A technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- A commitment to continued professional development
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- None specified
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work – we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English and science/ Technical subject
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards an Engineering Technician Standard [Level 3].
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.