What will the apprentice be doing?
On this rotational Engineering Technician Apprenticeship you will learn a wide breadth of skills including engineering principles and theory to help you understand ‘why’ things work. As well as hands on machine use as you explore ‘how’ they work.
You will gain experience in:
- Fitting and assembly – including valves, wheels and breaks for aircraft and turbines
- A breadth of engineering machinery, including milling, lathes, electro, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and many more
- Mechanical assemblies and maintenance of mechanical systems
- The preparation and use of industrial robots
- Basic principles and techniques of Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- The applications and principles of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship across this 4 year programme. You will spend Year 1 studying at the Manufacturing Technology Centre. Monday - Thursday between 8.30am - 4.30pm, Friday between 8.30am - 3.30pm.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of your apprenticeship, Meggitt will review further employment opportunities and potential for higher education training available to you – dependant on your performance.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent STEM Subject (Grade C/4) Essential