What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities once trained
- Completing fault-finding diagnostics, reporting findings & resolving facility defects
- Installation of new equipment
- Reactive, planned, and preventive maintenance activities
- Completion of all activities in line with health & safety policy & procedures
- Risk assessments & method statements
- Maintaining equipment such as cranes, rotating plant, weighbridge, fans, and motors
- Cleanliness of the workspace and workshops
- Engineering Projects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Company Training Plan
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Foundation Competence. (Delivered full time at Warwick College in Year 1)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Development Knowledge (Delivered via block release at Warwick College in Year 2 and 3)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Development Competence (Delivered in the workplace)
- Level 2 Functional Skills - Maths & English (if required)
- End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for progression into a full time Engineering Technician role at one of enfinium’s operating facilities, specialising in either Instrumentation & Control, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Reality CheckYear 1 spent living (weekdays) & studying at Warwick College. Year 2 block release to Warwick College plus working on site (accommodation whilst at college, uniform, & travel costs covered). Final year on site. Plant environment, working at height, elevated noise & temperature, confined spaces, machinery, dust, odours & open grated flooring.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Real interest in engineering, Time keeping, Positive attitude and aptitude, Full UK driving due to role
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent A Min of five GCSE's inc Eng,Sci,Maths (Grade C (4-9)) Essential