What will the apprentice be doing?
On this rotational Engineering Technician Apprenticeship you will learn a wide breadth of skills including engineering principles and theory to help you understand ‘why’ things work. As well as hands on machine use as you explore ‘how’ they work.
You'll gain experience in:
- Fitting and assembly – including valves, wheels and breaks for aircraft and turbines
- Assembly of intricate mechanical and electromechanical parts and components
- Calibrate machinery and perform test routines to ensure they are in working order
- A breadth of manufacturing processes such as welding, vacuum brazing, swaging, potting and many more
- Maintain Business Information Systems with content where appropriate
- Work in line with company procedures for health and safety
- Learn engineering principles such as lean manufacturing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a Level 3 Engineering Technician certificate across this 4 year programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After successful completion of your apprenticeship, Meggitt will review further employment opportunities and potential for higher education training available to you – dependant on your performance.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent STEM Subject (Grade C/4) Essential