What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Metrology apprentice this programme forms part of your companies succession planning for the future.
- As a Metrology Apprentice, you will learn how to conduct measurements to aid validation to the requirement of projects
- Comply with company operating procedures for dimensional verification in an approved sequence as directed by the Metrology Engineer
- Issue reasoned reports with supporting data/evidence, in an approved format
- Support Calibration through periodic measurement of gauges
- Support internal departments with development and problem solving for new products
- Ensure Metrology equipment is checked daily to ensure it is operating correctly and to report any defects promptly
- Dispose of any waste materials in accordance with Company policies & procedures
- Support team members to ensure efficient accuracy and timing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process. Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be paid and day released to PETA’s Havant engineering skills centre for off-the-job training. You will learn how to work safely, work efficiently, use technical information, how to conduct business improvement activities, use Computer Aided Design software, general machining, fitting techniques, how to maintain mechanical equipment, how to assemble and test electronic circuits as well as general welding techniques. Your Level 3 programme will include, a level 3 BTEC technical certificate and work-based qualification delivered by PETA.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
· Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
· Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support
· Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
You will complete the Engineering Technician (Technical Support) Apprenticeship Standard
Overall duration 48 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are a strongly connected global team, spanning worldwide, that is committed to continuous improvement which facilitates the development of our employees. Various progression routes will be available on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Reality CheckBenefits: 205 hours holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. Holiday Purchase Scheme. Flexi-Time. Dress Down Fridays. Employee Recognition Scheme. Life Assurance. Cycle2Work Scheme. Free car parking. Contributory pension scheme. We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Attention to detail, Analytical skills, Team working, Basic mechanical understanding, Experience using hand tools
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential