We have 3 roles we think you should consider:
- Test Engineers thoroughly check materials, procedures, and systems. You will be setting up tests for passenger restraint products. This will involve following procedures and specifications for a range of anchors, restraints and other safety products in our dedicated test area. You will also be undertaking strain and quality testing of products to ensure e complete with the require safety standards
- Production Engineers inspect the reliability of production equipment, processes and machinery, conducting preventive maintenance, and repairing inconsistencies to prevent production delays. You will also be identifying areas of improvement with the manufacturing processes, design and make new fixtures as well as promoting best practices for improving manufacturing practices
- Development Engineers will be involved using your excellent communication skills, you will be using 2D and 3D design software. Also working with the production engineering and manufacturing teams you will be ensuring that products move smoothly from design through prototyping to production. You will also assist the testing team ensuring that products meet the strict safety standards required.
- There could be a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of your apprenticeship
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
- Overtime available
To be considered for the role of Engineering Technician Apprentice, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- You will under go an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check before employment. You must not have any convictions that would compromise the companies security requirements
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
- You will be IT literate
- You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You will possess good interpersonal and written writing skills
- 5 GCSE's at grade C/4 or above (or equivalents) to include maths and English are essential
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Engineering qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be support every step of the way by PETA.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Learning & Development Coach (30 months). During this time you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship standard. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).