PETA Training are proud to be working with Alitex, looking to source an exceptional Fitter Apprentice for their organisation.
You will learn about all aspects of our business before focusing on the installation processes on site where you learn:
- Assembly skills in our pre-paint area
You will then move into the finishing area where you will:
- Build assemblies
- Completing modifications and adjustments ensuring they are correct
- Complete final tests
Progression routes within the company for the right candidate.
Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure.
- You will have a good level of dexterity of hand skills
- Good written communication skills enabling you to complete documentation
- You will be able to explain problems and how they were dealt with clearly and concisely
- Awareness of health and safety considerations
- You will need good communication skills as you will develop into a role where the ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management is a crucial skill
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated
- You must be able to work flexibly in respect of requirements of the post
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- You will demonstrate an interest in Alitex and the wider manufacturing industry
Minimum of 2 GCSEs or equivalent in maths and English Language at Grade C (4) or above.
- Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard
You will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of your development training will be completed with your employer at your place of work. You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification.
This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembly and Testing Electronic Circuits