During your apprenticeship with Autoflame you will complete:
- Autoflame Induction and Autoflame Product Training
- Assigned to Autoflame Group Manufacturing in Biggin Hill, including: electrical, mechanical and electronic manufacturing
- Shadow an experienced technician in the Service & Support Team when carrying out duties in the field
When you are working in the field your support duties will include but not limited to,
- PPM maintenance
- Breakdown Emergency Works
- Ad-hoc duties within the Service & Support Division including our own maintenance programs
The is the beginning of an excellent career in Engineering. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to progress onto further education either with this company or another on completion of the course.
The salary range for this role is £17k - £24k depending on previous knowledge and experience.
- Competent in Health and Safety procedures
- Excellent written and communication skills at all levels
- Full driving licence due to this role being field based
- Willing to work away from home
- Ability to work on their own as well as part of a successful team
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail
The idea candidate will have a positive attitude, a high level of initiative and genuine interest in working in a field service / engineering environment.
Previous qualifications in Engineering are desired - alongside maths and Science GCSEs A*-B/9-6 and English C/4 or above. (or equivalent)
Due to this role being field based you will need a driving licence or have a driving test booked in the very near future.
- Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Alongside your extensive training in the workplace you will also attend Kingston College for your off the job training.
Engineering Technicians in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes, or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development