Engineering Craft Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
Advanced Engineering Craft Apprenticeships generally between 42 - 48 months to complete. During the period of the apprenticeship, apprentices learn appropriate skills and gain a strong grounding in engineering practices – using tools to carry out a range of tasks, operating safely in the workplace and working on complex products in our manufacturing functions.
What Does The Apprenticeship Involve?
- You’ll spend the first year in full time learning developing core skills before moving into your trade disciple, such as Mechanical Fitter, Electrician and Machinist
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- None specified
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work – we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including mathematics, English and a Science/technical subject
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship standard for Engineering.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.