Engineering (Casting) Apprentice
A.WARDLE & COMPANY(CASTERS)LIMITED
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Summary of Position:
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- To assist in the manufacture of casting and in the preparation for the lost wax casting process
- To assist in the finishing and making up of manufactured items from castings
- Using and communicating engineering information
- Assist with Investing and Preparation for Investing
- Assist with Casting Clean Up/Devesting
- Assist with Fettling and Cutting Off
- Assist with Maintenance Duties
- Full RPE policy is available for review
- Assist with Soldering/Brazing/Welding
- Company operates a health and safety clean shaven policy for all employees that are required to wear respiratory PPE for face fit purposes
Please note - Position may be subject to DBS check.
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
A full time position is available on completion of the apprenticeship.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Great team Skills (ability to work within a team)
- Good organisation skills
- High levels of integrity
- Motivated to succeed
- Good work standards
- Good reliability
- Good timekeeping
GCSE English and maths C/4 or an equivalent.
Intermediate Improving Operational Performance framework.
- A competence based qualification i.e. NVQ/QCF
- A knowledge based qualification i.e. Technical Certificate
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.