Engineering Apprenticeships (Engineering- Sonar)
Atlas Elektronik Uk Ltd
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK is looking to employ an apprentice who is keen to progress in the world of engineering and who has a real passion and desire to understand our business domain. The apprentice will be an integral part of the Sonar Department. This apprenticeship will offer variety and the opportunity to work with the sonar engineering teams, gaining experience in all aspects of sonar design, component fabrication and testing.
You will be given guidance and mentoring to develop your skills in supporting a range of tasks. The Apprentice engineer under supervision and assistance will learn how to conduct the following tasks:
- Use requirements driven engineering design principles to develop innovative sonar components and systems
- Efficient use of design tools including Solid Edge CAD package
- Assembly of prototype sonar components, including wiring, electronics and mechanical assembly
- Testing of prototype components to characterise their performance
- Acoustic measurement and calibration
- Laboratory management
- Justification and documentation of design principles
- Active participation in design reviews
- Laboratory and sea based testing of systems
Possible progression to Higher Level Apprenticeships
- Passion for Solid Edge CAD package
- Electronics and mechanical assembly.
- Willingness to learn
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK is looking to employ an apprentice who is keen to progress in the world of engineering and who has a real passion and desire to understand our business domain.
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, at Grade A* - C 9/4 including English, maths and a Science or Engineering related subject. Applications from A Level candidates will also be welcomed for higher level apprenticeships.
Engineering Operative Level 2
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.