Midland Group Training Services are recruiting Engineering Apprentices for local Engineering Companies. Working in partnership with a range of established companies in the Aerospace, Manufacturing, Design, and Motor Industries, MGTS has been developing Engineers of the future for over 50 years.
We are currently recruiting for opportunities in a variety of disciplines, including:
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- Multi-skilled Maintenance
- Tool making
- CNC Programming
- Production Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
Engineered and manufactured products and systems that apprentice Engineering Technicians work on could involve mechanical, electrical, electronic, electromechanical and fluid power components/systems.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
- Work safely, with regard for your duty of care to yourself and to others who may be affected by your work.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Keep others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company
- Work with MGTS external assessor to produce workplace assessment training plans
- Attend lectures, practical's and visits as per the training provider learning plan
This is a 4 year apprenticeship resulting in a nationally recognised Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering and a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
The first year will be spent at MGTS in Coventry learning core practical and theoretical elements of the role. For the following years, apprentices will attend MGTS on a day release basis to complete the necessary educational requirements for the programme.
On successful completion of the four year programme, an individual assessment will be carried out by the Employing Company to determine whether a full time position will be offered.
Apprenticeships start in September each year with recruitment commencing in October the year before, so the earlier you apply the better. Hours of work at the centre will be Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:00, Friday 08:00 - 12:00. Please check transport and access to our Coventry Technical Centre before applying.
- Good understanding of Maths and Science
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a positive approach to work and a commitment to studying
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Enthusiastic and open to new challenges
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
We are seeking applications from candidates who have or are predicted to gain 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent). Grades must be A*-C / 9-5 for maths and A*-C / 9-4 for English, Science and two other subjects. Also if you have completed AS, A Levels or BTEC National in Engineering and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we'd love to hear from you.
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Award for Foundation Phase Gateway Assessment
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)