As an Apprentice you will work towards being accountable for the following;
- To be proficient in all aspects of the operation and maintenance procedures.
- Electrical fault-finding and fault-rectification skills, including the replacement and configuration of field devices (motor controllers, sensors, scanners etc).
- To repair and maintain all equipment through a proactive approach of planned preventative maintenance with a "right first time" approach and to seek permanent solutions through a culture of continuous improvement. Ensure rapid response to breakdown situations and effective corrective maintenance regimes.
- To enter all work carried out and parts used into Maximo
- Interface to customer in a Professional and Courteous Manner either face to face, telephone, email.
- Provide cover for other service technicians / Shifts when necessary.
- Ensure thorough knowledge transfer through sharing of knowledge and information.
To be conversant and capable of working in all areas:
- Baggage Conveyors
- ULD Systems
- Automatic storage cranes
- Individual Carrier Systems
- Robotic baggage handling machinery
- Manual handling aids
Carry out routine maintenance duties including, but not limited to:
- Operational checks, functionality checks, cleaning, adjustment, lubrication and monitoring.
- Look to find root cause of issues and find permanent solutions to issues encountered.
- Ensure all company legislative Health & Safety regulations and policies are maintained. Work in a safe considerate manner and leave all work areas clean and tidy at all times.
After successfully completing the apprenticeship you will be invited to apply for a permanent position as Service Technician within Vanderlande or you will be able to progress your studies on to an HNC and HND.
The starting salary is £12480, salaries are reviewed every 6 months during the apprenticeship.
- Be computer literate
- Good time keeping
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate precisely both in writing and verbally at all levels
- Be computer literate
- Seek opportunities to develop
- Integrate and work well in a team and consider the implications for their actions
- Follow a logical approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail
In order to optimise success, candidates will typically have 4 GCSEs at Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent, including mathematics, English and a Science.
Engineering Technicians in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector are predominantly involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
- Apply safe systems of working
- Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes, or services
- Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
- Have a commitment to continued professional development
- Apprenticeships are flexible and are designed to offer a structured programme of learning to fit around the needs of the individual and employer.
Learning takes place mainly during employment through the development of on the job skills, supported by college tuition Both the on and off job elements of the Apprenticeship lead to nationally recognised qualifications.