Our multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship programme is designed to create the technicians and engineers of the future.
We offer engineering apprenticeships in a manufacturing setting. Our engineering apprenticeship lasts up to four years. In the first year, you’ll spend a large proportion of your time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical experience. In subsequent years, you’ll continue at college while learning new skills as part of an engineering team. Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development.
- Develop practical, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation skills
- Learn how to maintain production equipment and carry out routine maintenance
- Fault find, diagnose and resolve breakdowns
- Analyse machine data and recommend improvements
- Learn about engineering project management
- Help install and test new equipment
- Fully sponsored education aligned to the apprenticeship standard
- A competitive annual salary of £14,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual apprentice development events)
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 9-5 (A*-C) including maths and a Science
- English Language (not Literature) at grade 4/C or above or equivalent
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Engineering Technician level 3 standard.
We consider your entry qualifications and will support the next level of academic study (which may be HNC or above). If you show the qualities we are looking for, you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for an HND or degree in engineering.
If you are offered an apprenticeship, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Working with both your line and programme manager, we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.