Reporting mainly to the production manager, initial training will be involving learning the various operations to enable the apprentice to learn the work flows and get used to working with our different methods of production and machinery it involves. Various machines will be used throughout the production operations and full training will be given to ensure our very high health and safety expectations bare met.
Production operations will include;
- Wheelchair assembly
- RF/HF Welding
- Clicker pressing
- Screen printing
- Heat sealing
- Shrinking and sealing
- Mixing and filling
- General marking and cutting operations
- Basic sewing operations
- Product marking and traceability
- General warehousing duties
- Loading and unloading collections and deliveries
- Cleaning and decontamination of cushions and mattresses
- Serving and maintenance of beds, hoists and similar equipment
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on all machines.
- We have a team of field-based service engineers responsible for the maintenance of plinths and maintenance. LOLER and PUWER testing of lifts and hoists. Within the apprenticeship, there will be field-based assignments.
Full training will be offered throughout and the apprentice will be closely monitored by a senior member of staff.
This is an excellent career opportunity for the right candidate with the potential to expand your skill base and grow as a member of the Sumed team whilst adding value to our growing company. Excellent career progression opportunities will be available for the right candidate.
Please consider how you will get to work each day.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
The ideal candidate will be eager and willing to learn new operations whilst working as part of a small, busy team.
All applicants must be fit and able to work with a positive attitude and problem-solving mentality.
Friendly, able to work as part of a small busy team, have a can-do attitude, organised and reliable.
Ideally you will have achieved GCSE grade C/4 or above in maths & English.
Engineering Technician level 3 apprenticeship - Machinist pathway