This is an ideal entry into the workplace for school or college leavers with an interest in Manufacturing, Engineering or Electronics.
We will take you on a journey that will lead to many opportunities in the future and will be the springboard to your career enabling you to learn and earn.
The successful candidate will work as part of our friendly team of Production Technicians Manufacturing Cable Assembly parts and Mechanical sub-assemblies.
This position will offer an opportunity for the Apprentice to learn and earn. The successful candidate will enjoy a varied and wide range of assembly opportunities and we will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to grow within the company.
Duties: Manufacturing Cable Assemblies working with various hand tools including:
- Crimp and Soldering & General Component Assembly.
- Working from parts lists
- Gathering parts
- Sub-assemblies through to final test and dispatch.
You will be working as part of a friendly team by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge of Soldering and Hand Crimping would be useful but not essential as full training will be provided.
Skills/Qualifications: The ability to work with small delicate components, good hand eye coordination, attention to detail good and eyesight is essential!
We will provide full comprehensive training therefore no formal qualifications are required.
In addition to this, we consider this company as a family and we will support your career with continued training and development for the future.
We kindly ask that before applying for this position you consider the location and your ability to travel each day into Silverstone.
- Bonus scheme
- All employees are required to ware facemasks and observe social distancing
- This position offers the individual to progress within our fast-growing company. Many opportunities for progression exist and we encourage future personal development
- We consider this company as a family and we will support your career with continued training and development for the future
- Ability to travel to Silverstone each day You may be asked to work overtime and the occasional weekend
- Good Co-Ordination
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work with large and small hand tools
- The ability to work with small delicate components
- Positive attitude
- Determination to complete tasts
- Team Player
- A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade 3 and above including English, Science and maths
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge & Skills)
- Level 1 Functional Skills
- Level 2 Functional Skills (attempt)
- End Point Assessment