What will the apprentice be doing?
- Attend college of further education selected by the company
- Undertake training
- Manufacture and test all products
- Problem solving and fault finding
- Implement improvements
- Quality control
- Health and Safety
- Planning and Supply Chains
- MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning)
- Change management
- Support planning, prioritising, and coordinating available resources
- Be able to recognise team customers both internal and external and strive to satisfy their needs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Fitter Level 3
- Qualifications included..
- Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Standard. Company Training Plan & Assessment.
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering - Development Knowledge (1 day per week for 2 years at college)
- Development Competence Qualification (workplace)
- Level 2 Functional Skills - Maths (If required)
- Level 2 Functional Skills - English (If required)
- End Point Assessment at the end of the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential promotion to Operations Technician or other roles in the Operations team i.e Manufacturing Engineering.
Reality CheckApplicants should have an interest in Engineering and the Manufacturing Industry.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent A min five GCSE's inc Math,Eng,Sci (Grade (4-9) C and above) Essential