Yamazaki Mazak is currently recruiting its next batch of apprentices. A Mazak apprenticeship is a chance to join the world leader in machine tools and a significant investment in both your future and the future of the organisation.
You'll have access to college education alongside hands-on involvement in the workplace with experienced members of staff that are willing to pass their knowledge on to the next generation. From the beginning of your apprenticeship, you will be paid a competitive apprenticeship salary and will obtain nationally recognised qualifications.
Whether you're currently at GCSE or A-Level, have left education and looking for an exciting new challenge, a Mazak apprenticeship can provide you with the opportunity to develop a career in a number of different disciplines. With GCSE entry requirements of grades 4/C in English and Science, and a grade 5/C+ in maths, we are currently offering 3 to 4 year apprenticeships in the following areas:
MACHINING (LEVEL 3):
- Learning how to set, program and operate a range of CNC machine tools to produce machine tool components
- Machines include: Lathes, Milling, Grinding, Multi-Tasking & 5 axis machines
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLY (LEVEL 3):
- Assemble and test machine tools and their components. Assembling and testing unit assemblies into the completed machine tool using various hand skills and laser checking equipment
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLY (LEVEL 3):
- Wire and test machine tools and their components. Working on individual option looms that will be used in the final production of our machine tools, you will then progress to wiring and testing a range of CNC machines, to include PLCs, ladder diagrams and fault finding prior to machines going to our customers
SHEET METAL (LEVEL 3):
- Learning the application of welding, laser cutting and metal folding to produce machine tool claddings. An apprentice in this area will learn the full skills and operations of a modern sheet metal producing department
WELDING (LEVEL 2):
- Due to an increase in work being brought back in house, we are offering Engineering Operative Level 2 apprenticeships focused on welding. This is an 18 month to 2 year programme and has GSCE entry requirements of grade 3/D or 4/C or equivalent in English and maths
Possible employment at the end of the apprenticeship but this isn't guaranteed.
Becoming an engineer involves a great deal of motivation and a passion for continued learning and development. It will require a high level of commitment and hard work on your part. However, the harder you work, the better the rewards.
To apply please send a full CV stating which apprenticeship you are interested in. All completed CVs should be returned to Chris Morris Apprentice & Future Workforce Training Manager Yamazaki Mazak UK Ltd Badgeworth Drive Worcester WR4 9NF Alternatively you can send via email to email@example.com
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about a career in engineering
- Logical thinking
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You'll have access to a college education alongside involvement in the workplace with experienced members of staff that are willing to pass their knowledge on to the next generation.