- Based in our machine shop, you will be working with our team of skilled engineers to learn what and why we do things
- A structured programme will ensure you rotate through all departments to experience the full range of activities in the business and understand how the final product comes together
- This is also a valuable chance for YOU to see which part of the working environment is most appealing and where you would like to work
- Day to day will be mostly loading and unloading machine tools and carrying out inspection on parts as they come off the line
- College work will be one day per week off site and a significant amount of work will be done in your own time
Majorlift is a rapidly growing company with an aging workforce so there are real prospects for advancement. Further training, up to degree level is available for candidates with ambition and talent. Similarly, we need good skilled machine operators, so we are keen to talk to people who want to gain an apprenticeship and stay on the shopfloor.
This programme is a great opportunity, however, you will require a lot of hard work and dedication. Learners will be expected to work 2 or 3 qualifications at the same time and also contribute towards production from the second year onwards. Failure to complete the programme may also result in failure to remain in employment.
- Candidates will need good results in mathematics and a desire to learn and work
- Everything else can be taught, but an interest in mechanical things (eg: cars and/or bikes) will demonstrate an aptitude that will help
- Communication skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn and take advice
- Must be able to attend work in Wickwar AND GET in Barnwood on time, every day, so your own transport will be a distinct advantage
Five GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C (9-4) or above, which must include Maths, English and a Science subject, together with a real interest in technical matters.
- Majorlift are very proud to be working with Gloucestershire Engineering Training as our apprentice training provider of choice for our apprenticeship development programmes
- Providing engineering companies across the county with the highest quality training in mechanical and electrical engineering, GET lead the way in quality of delivery, structure and disciplined learning, with a network of support for learners and employers that is second to none within the county
- During your apprenticeship you will complete an NVQ3, Technical Certificate, End Point Assessment, Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT (If applicable)