Employee Benefits: Apprenticeship
The world of work is changing, fast. Economic migration, rising retirement age and longer working hours all impact our health and wellbeing.
That’s where we come in. With our help, more and more organisations are offering flexible, financial benefits that can be tailored to suit their employees' lifestyles; it’s an excellent way to reward and retain talent. We’re leading the way in the design, implementation and management of modern financial benefits programmes. In fact, over the years, we’ve been recognised at some of the industry’s most prestigious awards including the 2019 Employee Benefits Provider Award, 2019 Mental Health Initiative Provider of the Year and 2019 Employee Benefit Consultant of the Year.
We’re a business-to-business operation, working with many household names as well as smaller enterprises. Join us, and become part of a global team of experts who are changing the way employees benefit from their roles.
Our 18-month, level three employee benefits apprentice programme provides you with the communication, marketing and client-facing skills you’ll need for a long, successful career in employee benefits consulting — as well as supporting you through the Certificate in Financial Services qualification.
You’ll be able to take on plenty of on-the-job, business skills and technical training — this will help you learn how to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs.
- Maintain customer/policy records through the customer management system and associated IT solutions. Support the account handling team in delivering a full customer service proposition in a professional, timely and efficient manner
- Consistently develops and delivers excellent service to customers, colleagues & advisers, supporting the products/services provided
- Understands role within team & impact on others. Consistently endeavours to support colleagues & collaborate to achieve results
- Successfully analyses and plans in order to deliver good outcomes for the business
- Develops effective relationships with customers & key contacts, handling & resolving issues through effective verbal/written/IT skills
After the apprenticeship, what’s next?
All our apprenticeship roles are permanent positions with Aon, which means we’re invested in your long-term future from day one. Once you’ve completed your 18-month apprenticeship, you’ll continue to grow your career as an employee benefits consultant, as well as continuing your studies for the Certificate in Financial Services.
Our assessment centres will take place on a rolling basis until we have filled all roles so we encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible.
- 112 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 280 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. BBC
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above, including maths and English or 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A*- C/9-4 if taken prior to change in grading system in the UK
Training Provider to be confirmed.
Level 3 - Financial Services Administrator.