Electronic Technician Apprenticeship
National Apprenticeship Service
BAE Systems Land (UK) design and manufacture a wide range of munitions products. It is essential that our products are high quality and totally conform to the customer’s requirements.
As an Electronics Engineering Apprentice you will be responsible for the operation of various data capture equipment used in the Test and Evaluation Industry.
This role is wide-ranging and has both practical and theoretical elements. You will often be viewed as a multi-disciplined engineer, with knowledge of all electronic aspects of test and evaluation techniques.
We will help you develop into an electronics engineer that delivers safe, capable processes for optimised Test and Evaluation disciplines to specified standards.
What you will be doing - role duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely within a Test and Evaluation Trials team
- Planning and subsequent delivery of Trials Engineering Tasks
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of new trials techniques
- Taking the opportunity to assist in Continuous Improvement projects
- Maintaining and repairing electronic equipment in our tests and evaluation facility
- Using computer software to enable data capture through appropriate hardware
- Planning, carrying out and reporting results from Test and Evaluation trials
- Compiling technical data to support design approval
- Supporting experienced engineers to specify and qualify new equipment used to test munitions products
- Ensuring there is a detailed Safe System of Work in place for the new techniques you develop
- Engaging with instrumentation suppliers to keep up to date with new technologies
- Gaining knowledge and experience from supporting the Manufacturing Team in resolving any issues that may arise
A great job after completion. Around 95% of our apprentices choose to stay with us and go on to have really successful careers. You can choose to go for promotion and progression or continue learning in the role you’ve moved into.
When you successfully complete your apprenticeship, we will help you to move into a suitable role, subject to the requirements of the business.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
A BAE Systems Apprenticeship gives you a competitive salary while working towards a nationally recognised qualification, the support of an apprentice network, and the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects with people who are leaders in their field.
Please see the selection process below:
The process consists of five stages:
- An online application
- Online test
- Application review
- Competency interview or assessment centre
- Medical and security checks
Depending on fulfilment of the requirements, the process can take until July/August to complete and final offers are made.
- None specified
- We’re looking for enthusiastic people who are keen to learn and give an Apprenticeship opportunity their all
- Diversity strengthens our business and we encourage people from all walks of life to apply, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- You don’t need to know everything about your chosen area of work – we’ll train you and give you the qualifications you need to progress in a career in your chosen field. We only ask that you demonstrate interest, passion and commitment to what you want to do
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths, English and science/technical subject
Training Provider to be confirmed.
The apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship Engineering Technician.
Whilst working full-time, you will be provided with off-the-job training delivered in dedicated in-house training facilities or at our partner colleges or universities.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.