What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be trained at Mastroniks Electronics manufacturing facility in Shefford.
- You will be trained within various Electronics manufacturing departments, including PCB Soldering, Unit/Cable Assembly, and Automated Surface Mount PCB assembly.
- You will be trained in the following duties:
- Building in accordance with manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Carry out both repeat production assembly across each department.
- Use of fine hand tools.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Standard.
- Level 2 Knowledge and Skills qualifications.
- Functional Skills Level1/2 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful applicants can progress to a level 3 (A-level) Engineering course or continue to gain skills within the business as an experienced assembler or machine operator.
Reality CheckApplicants must be able to use fine hand tools and have a keen interest in manufacturing, electronics engineering. Applicants do not have to attend college.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Initiative, Flexible and reliable, Positive attitude, Using fine hand tools
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Min of Five GCSE's inc Eng, Maths, Sci (Grade 5-9(C-A*)) Essential